Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2011

I wanted to cut a bitch today...

Technical support at work almost made me have an aneurism today, I swear to fucking god.

Me:
"Hi, I need to re-instate my access for *program*, I was on a leave of absence and I'm back."

Them:
"Not our problem, contact X at *department*, they'll do it."

Me:
*emails X*

X:
"Not my problem, contact IT and they'll do it for you"

Me:
*rolls eyes*

IT:
"We have no idea what program you are talking about"

Me:
*bangs my head repeatedly on my desk*
"So who DO I talk to, then?"

IT:
"Your manager." (Seriously, fuckers, my  manager has NO idea how to do this kind of stuff, even if we had the capability! WTF?!)

Me:
"Fuck off and die! My manager  can't do this!" (well, maybe minus the first part)

IT:
"uhhhhh... hold please"

At this point, the call has gone on for FORTY FUCKING MINUTES, kid you not. I'm turning purple. It's one freaking tiny little program that I use once a month, and every single person in my role uses once a month, and no one in IT has any fucking idea what it is?! Fuck!

Transferred to another department.
Department 4:
"Uhhhhhhh what? Department 1 should have done that"

Me:
*screams silently*

Department 4:
"Let me transfer you again"

Me:
*bangs head against desk until my eyeballs rattle*

Department 5
"Ahthaenks youssshhhh ferrr callg (unintelligible) rowh cenh ah help youth?"

Me:
*Fuck what?*
(repeats bullshit problem for the eleventy billionth time)

Department 5
"aahmmla; e;piohbfljbv c;ikfgjhbilhfgj.nb;ofgijd;"

Me:
(FUCKING ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?!?!)
"Pardon me?"

Department 5
"Mehhmmmmmm, Aghee dunno what you arrhee ashhkn ferrr"

Me:
"Get me a manager. Now."

Department 5
"Whull meehmmm, what aah emm tryngj to tfelch you..."

Me:
"Manager. Please. Thank you."

After an hour and a half (yes, I timed it) I was transferred to a totally unrelated department, who had no control over the issue but *DING!!!* knew the program I was trying to get into.
He called Department 1 for me and ripped them a new one.

Guess who got access after that!

And I wonder why I drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment